- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- pinch Red Pepper Flakes optional
- 2 Large Portobello Mushrooms gills removed & sliced on the bias
- 1 each Red Green, Yellow & Orange Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Red Onion cut half and into slices
- 1 can black beans
- Oil for cooking
- Sides such as vegan sour cream salsa, guacamole, etc.
Source: The Veg Life
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the fajita seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
- In a hot cast iron skillet or fry pan, add 1-1/2 tsp of oil and the sliced red onions. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add all of the sliced red peppers and cook until tender and charred. Remove from the pan.
- Add another teaspoon of oil and the prepared mushrooms. Sprinkle seasoning and cook until the first side is charred and mushroom is beginning to get tender. Flip and repeat.
- Add the peppers back to the pan and the beans and cook for a few more minutes. Serve sizzling hot.
- Add sides such as tortillas, vegan sour cream, salsa, guacamole, etc.